BESSEY Group –
BESSEY Group arose from long-established company BESSEY & Sohn, and was founded in 1889 in Stuttgart by Max Bessey as a bright steel drawing plant.
Production of hand tools began in 1936 with the original BESSEY malleable cast iron screw clamp. Other innovations in the area of clamps followed, such as the original BESSEY all-steel screw clamp, patented in 1952. In 1979 BESSEY took over Diener Werkzeugfabrik GmbH, a company equally rich in tradition, thus establishing its cutting technology unit with the renowned Erdi snips.
In 2005 BESSEY & Sohn was spun into two independent companies – BESSEY Tool GmbH & Co. KG, handling the clamping and cutting technology areas, and BESSEY Präzisionsstahl GmbH – both headquartered in Bietigheim-Bissingen, in south west Germany.