Home | About BESSEY | Image Film | Contact Us | BESSEY Tool
   
Products | What's New | Customer Support
 
History
 

1889 Max Bessey founds a bright steel drawing plant in Stuttgart.

1912 Continuation of the firm by his nephew Karl Bessey.

1926 The company is taken over by Dr. Ing. Eugen Mayer. Under his leadership, the range of products produced is significantly expanded, both in terms of dimensions and grades of steel offered.

1928 Marriage Dr. Ing. Eugen Mayer with Erna Bessey, widow of Karl Bessey.

1936 Patents are granted for a new type of malleable cast iron screw clamp, thus marking the beginning of the production of clamping tools by BESSEY.

1944 Founding of a subsidiary in Bietigheim for producing clamping tools.

1961 Expansion of the Bietigheim works and beginning of bright steel production.

1966 Transition of the firm to the daughter and son of Dr. Theodor Mayer as managing partners.

Start of a dynamic phase of corporate development:

  • Production of bright steel is doubled and complemented by the manufacture of stainless steels.
  • New patents and developments, combined with modern marketing, make BESSEY into the market leader in the global clamping tools sector.

1971 A further increase in bright steel production is achieved at the Stuttgart works thanks to the purchase of the neighbouring Aldinger engineering works.

1979 Purchase of the Diener shears factory in Esslingen, with a satellite factory in Solingen.

1983 Consolidation of bright steel production in new mill buildings at the Bietigheim works and sale of the Stuttgart site.

1985 Purchase of additional land in Bietigheim, including the area of the former worsted spinning mill, which has protected status. After proper restoration, tool production begins at this facility.

1989 The company celebrates its 100 year jubilee.

1998 Certification to DIN EN 9001

2001 Modernisation of Schumag drawing line 3B

2002 Modernisation of Schumag drawing line 1B9

2003 Modernisation of Schumag drawing line 2B

2004 Founding of BESSEY Präzisionsstahl GmbH: Switch from being purely a producer/supplier to a service partner, thanks to investments in testing technology and logistics.

2005 Extension of storage area by 2,000 m²

2006 Installation and commissioning of an ultrasound testing system using the latest phased-array technology

2008 Certification to automotive standard ISO/TS 16949

2011  – Installation and commissioning of one of the latest eddy-current testing systems
           – Klaus Fuchs becomes Managing Partner: After 11 years, the BESSEY Group is
              once again owner-managed

2012 Investment in a Remagraph for detecting magnetic properties

2014 The company celebrates its 125 year jubilee

 

 
 
 
 
copyright 2017 BESSEY Präzisionsstahl GmbH Imprint | Site Map | Privacy Policy